Loving One by One

Monday, May 15, 2006


If you would have told me two years ago that I would be traveling 4 times to Uganda, Africa and twice to Haiti within an 18 month period - I would have told you - "you're nuts"! No way would I travel to a foreign country where I would be cooped up on a plane for over 30 hours with short breaks inbetween flights. A country where the local food delicacy is white flying ants (you eat while they are still alive and buzzing). But God got ahold of my life and I'll never be the same. Both my husband Ken and I have a new passion for life - and it involves giving to those who have less than us. When I say less - I mean really less, not just one car per family or not enough money to eat out at restaurants all the time or maybe their homes only have 1 bathroom for a family of 5 or 6. I'm talking about the people who have no cars, barely enough to eat each day and a home that consists of a small mud hut, dirt floor, with cracks as big as basketballs on the side walls where wind blows the rain into the hut, soaking everything inside. A home where up to 10 people will sleep side by side on the floor with no room left to walk around, sharing a single blanket A family where if you ask them what their dream is - and their only answer each time would be"to have my children educated". Education is vital and when you don't have the basics of reading, writing and math you will never go anywhere. Your life will constantly be dependent on others to help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home