Loving One by One

Sunday, July 23, 2006


HOW TO KEEP YOUR FISH FRESH
Since no one in Uganda has ice, keeping fish fresh can pose a problem. Ugandans have the solution - they tie their fish to the front of their vehicles. We bought these fish on our way back from visiting another school. The fishermen catch the fish in Lake Victoria and hike over to the main road and wave the fish at you as you go by. Maria, the owner of our guesthouse, wanted fish for dinner, so we pulled over! I've never had soooo many fish thrusted into my face. we finally decided on the two you see in the picture and of course, I needed to pose with our fish. I have no idea how many bugs were stuck on the fish, since we still had another 3 hours of driving. I didn't want to look, once we arrived! These fish and most fish catch in Lake Victoria is Tilapia. I've been told that it was the Tilapia fish that Jesus mutlitplied at the feeding of the 5,000.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't care if it was tied to the front of the jeep, that was some darned good fish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home